Liquor Licenses

The Chisago County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office issues liquor licenses for businesses located within the townships of Chisago County. If a business is located within the limits of a city, please contact that city’s Clerk or Administrator.

Each license type has its own rules and regulations. For more information please visit the Alcohol & Gambling Enforcement (AGE) website.

License Types
Liquor ON SaleLiquor OFF Sale
Sunday and/or 2am SalesTemporary Liquor
Wine3.2 Beer

All licenses must be renewed annually. Renewal packets with detailed instructions will be mailed a couple of months prior to the current years expiration. Do Not Wait - Approvals must be obtained from the Township, County Attorney and Sheriff prior to submittal for County Board approval. Final approval will be issued by the State of MN, Liquor Control Division.

All liquor and wine licenses require a retailers card known as a Buyers Card. The application (PDF) for a Buyers Card must be processed through AGE directly. Do not send to the County.

Any new businesses that have never been issued a license must have a Conditional Use Permit (CUP) issued by the zoning authority. A public hearing must be held for a new OFF sale license and Liquor Control will need to do an onsite inspection. Sunday liquor sales must be approved by the voters in a township at the annual township election if a Sunday license has never been issued in that Township previously.


Renewals will be mailed a packet automatically

New applicants please contact our office at 651-213-8500 or by emailing the Auditor-Treasurer Office