The Candidate Filing period runs May 17, 2022 - May 31, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. for jurisdiction WITH primaries.
Note: May 30, 2022 is a state holiday. Affidavits of candidacy or nominating petitions will not be accepted in the Chisago County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office that day.
Withdrawal from candidacy will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on June 2, 2022. Filing fees are not refundable.
The Candidate Filing period runs August 2, 2022 - August 16, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. for jurisdiction WITHOUT primaries.
Withdrawal from candidacy will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on August 18, 2022. Filing fees are not refundable.
A complete listing of the offices is available from Election Filing Period Notice (PDF).
Because 2022 is a redistricting year, some information is still to be determined. Our website will be updated as we get more information.
Where to File
Minnesota Secretary of State’s Office
- President & Vice President
- United States Senator
- United States Representative – District 8
- Supreme Court Associate Justices
- Court of Appeals Judges
Minnesota Secretary of State’s Office OR Chisago County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office. Candidates may file with the Chisago County Auditor-Treasurer if they reside in Chisago County.
- State Senator – District 28
- State Senator – District 11
- State Representative – District 28A
- State Representative – District 28B
- State Representative – District 11A
- 10th Judicial District Judges
Chisago County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office
- County Commissioner
- Soil and Water Conservation District
- County Sheriff
- County Attorney
NOTE: Filing for city, school district and some townships (even-year fall elections) offices are submitted to the city, school or township clerk. Contact your jurisdiction for further filing instructions.
- State Senator or State Representative: $100.00
- Judicial Officer: $300.00
- County Commissioner: $50.00
- Soil & Water Conservation Supervisor: $20.00
- County Sheriff: $50.00
- County Attorney: $50.00