The Candidate Filing period runs May 21, 2024- June 4, 2024 at 5:00 p.m. for jurisdiction WITH primaries.
Note: May 27, 2024 is a state holiday. Affidavits of candidacy or nominating petitions will not be accepted in the Chisago County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office that day.
Withdrawal from candidacy will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on June 6, 2024. Filing fees are not refundable.
A complete listing of the offices is available from Election Filing Period Notice (PDF).
For local offices please contact your City, School or Township Clerks.
Where to File
Minnesota Secretary of State’s Office
- President & Vice President
- United States Senator
- United States Representative – District 8
- Supreme Court Associate Justices
- Court of Appeals Judges
Minnesota Secretary of State’s Office OR Chisago County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office. Candidates may file with the Chisago County Auditor-Treasurer if they reside in Chisago County.
- State Senator – District 28
- State Senator – District 11
- State Representative – District 28A
- State Representative – District 28B
- State Representative – District 11A
- 10th Judicial District Judges
Chisago County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office
- County Commissioner
- Soil and Water Conservation District
- County Sheriff
- County Attorney
NOTE: Filing for city, school district and some townships (even-year fall elections) offices are submitted to the city, school or township clerk. Contact your jurisdiction for further filing instructions.
- State Senator or State Representative: $100.00
- Judicial Officer: $300.00
- County Commissioner: $50.00
- Soil & Water Conservation Supervisor: $20.00
- County Sheriff: $50.00
- County Attorney: $50.00
- Affidavit of Candidacy (PDF)
- 2023 Canidate Filing Information Sheet
- Campaign Filing Packet (website)
- IRS Political Organization Filing Requirements (website)
- Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) Information on Signs in Right-of-Way (website)
- Minnesota Secretary of State Office - Become a Candidate (website)