Emergency Assistance Programs offer short-term support for people who need financial assistance in a crisis situation, such as a natural disaster, utility short off, or eviction. There are two types of assistance:
- Emergency Assistance (EA) is for low-income families experiencing a financial crisis.
- Emergency General Assistance (EGA) helps low-income adults without children experiencing a financial crisis.
How to Apply for Cash, Emergency, Food Programs
A Combined Application Form must be completed, or you can Complete an Application Online at the State of Minnesota Website.
There is a Combined Application Form (DHS-5223) on the State of MN Website that will allow you to download and complete for form electronically or you can print the form to complete it by hand.
Along with the completed application you may need an interview. Your application will be screened when you turn it in, and you will be scheduled for the next available interview. Unless you meet certain criteria, your interview will most likely not be the same day.
Please bring the following to your interview:
- Proof of Identity (driver's license, passport, etc.)
- Proof of Residency (driver's license, bill, etc.)
- Proof of Income
- Other documentation which provides information regarding your income and financial status, including assets.