Veteran’s Preference

Claiming Veteran’s Preference

If you are applying for Veteran’s Preference Points, you must fill out the "Claim for Veteran’s Preference" portion found on the Chisago County Application Form, in our Job Portal, after the "Education" section and submit the necessary document (DD-214).

Veteran’s Preference must be claimed at the time the employment application form is submitted and must be received by the closing date.

If you need assistance or have questions on qualifying for veteran’s preference, please call 651-213-8830.