Child & Teen Checkups
Regular health checks are important to keep your children healthy!
Child and Teen Checkups (C&TC) screenings are a benefit to children and young adults from birth through age 20 who are enrolled in Medical Assistance. Child and Teen Checkups qualify for school physicals, sports physicals and Head Start required physicals.
Do you need Help?
Do you need help with finding a doctor, dentist, transportation to appointments, scheduling appointments or with finding an interpreter? We can help! Contact us by phone at 651-213-5235 or 651-213-5228.
If you have questions and would like someone from the Child & Teen Checkups Program to contact you, please complete our Online Contact Us Form.
Health Plan Incentives for Completing Preventative Care
Some health plans offer incentives for completed Child & Teen Checkup Exams, immunizations and dental checkups. Visit your health plan's website for additional information:
- When should Checkups occur?
- What happens during an Exam?
- Recommended Vaccines completed at Exams
- When should Dental Exams occur?
- Helpful Information
- 0 to 1 month
- 2 months
- 4 months
- 6 months
- 9 months
- 12 months
- 15 months
- 18 months
- 24 months
- 30 months
- Every year starting at 3 years through 20 years of age
- More often as needed
- Complete head to toe exam
- Hearing and vision checks
- Height and weight measurements
- Immunizations at certain ages
- Lab tests at certain ages
- Developmental and social emotional screenings
- Oral health exam and fluoride application at certain ages
- Information about good physical and mental health
- Time to discuss thoughts, feelings and relationships
- Time to ask your doctor questions
- Referrals to specialists when needed
A dental exam should occur at the time of first tooth eruption and every six months thereafter. Oral health is important and we can help you find a dentist.