Adult Mental Health


Chisago County Health and Human Services' Behavioral Health Unit is dedicated to improve the quality of life of those affected by mental illness. Whenever possible, we will work to keep individuals in their home and community. We strive to empower individuals and families to direct their care and delivery of services based on individual need.

Adult mental health case management services is a voluntary service provided by Chisago County to adults who have a serious, persistent, mental illness, and who meet certain qualifications for services.

Our Intake Department will help determine if you qualify for services by giving you resources to help you find a qualified mental health provider to complete a diagnostic assessment or by working with your current mental health provider to gather the necessary paperwork for qualification.

Intake staff can be reached at 651-213-5612. Information can be faxed to 651-213-5686.


A case manager will meet with you to complete an assessment and develop an individual plan based on needs and recommendations. A case manager will work with you to complete referrals, monitor and coordinate services. A case manager will meet with you at least one time a month.

The case manager will coordinate and collaborate with all service providers to ensure your needs are met. Some of these services or resources may include:

  • Adult Mental Health Rehabilitation Services
  • Alcohol and Drug Treatment
  • Assistance with Applying for Government Benefits
  • Community Support Services
  • Crisis Intervention
  • Day Treatment
  • Eating Disorders
  • Educational
  • Inpatient and Partial Hospitalization
  • Medical and Dental Health
  • Obtaining and Maintaining Housing
  • Psychiatry
  • Psychological Services
  • Rep Payee Services
  • Residential Services
  • Self-Care and Independent Living Skills
  • Social Functioning
  • Supportive Employment or Vocational Services
  • Transportation

Civil Commitment

Minnesota Statute 253B, a legal process following a request for civil commitment usually from the treating physician. A screening will occur to make a recommendation proposing commitment or not. When criteria is met for a commitment, a petition is filed with the court and the court will make a finding. A person has a right to counsel.

Civil Commitment Process Fact Sheet (

Referrals can be made by contacting the Intake Department at 651-213-5612 and documents can be faxed to the office at 651-213-5686 or 651-213-5685.

Community Support Programs (CSP)

Community Support Programs (CSP) are for adults living with a Serious and Persistent Mental Illness. CSP provides coordinated professional care and treatment in the community that includes a broad range of services to meet the individual's unique personal needs, reduce symptoms, and promote recovery. Keep in mind that CSP is not Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS). To be eligible you must be 18 years of age or older and have a Serious and Persistent Mental Illness (SPMI). You do not need to be on Medical Assistance (MA).

To connect with CSP in Chisago County and apply for this service, please call Behavioral Health Intake at 651-213-5612. You may also stop by the office during business hours or the Drop-In Center, which is located at Main Street Church - 6500 Main Street - North Branch, MN 55056, on Wednesdays from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. to request an application.

You may provide a referral by completing our CSP Referral Form (PDF) and mailing it to Chisago County Health & Human Services - 313 North Main St, Room 230 - Center City, MN 55012-9665 or faxing it to 651-213-5685.