About the Commission
The Planning Commission is an 8 member board appointed by the County Board of Commissioners (1 member is a County Commissioner) who act as an advisory commission to the County Board. They make recommendations to the Commissioners, and are not a decision-making body. Final decisions are then made by the County Board, and appeals from those decisions are heard by the Minnesota Court of Appeals.
The Planning Commission shall be responsible for the following: ◦The Planning Commission shall work in conjunction with the Zoning Administrator and other staff in preparing and recommending to the board for adoption, comprehensive plans and recommendations for plan execution in the form of official controls and other measures, and amendments thereto.
The Planning Commission shall review, hold public hearings, and make recommendations to the County Board on all applications for zoning amendments, rezonings, subdivisions, and interim or conditional use permits using the criteria in the County Ordinance.
The Planning Commission meetings are held:
- 7:00 p.m.
- 1st Thursday of each month
- County Board Room (lower level) of the Chisago County Government Center
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are prepared before each meeting. Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda Opens in New Window | All Agendas
Members serve 3 year terms
|Jim McCarthy||District 1||Term: 01/03/2023 - 12/31/2025|
|Dave Whitney||District 2||Term: 01/03/2023 - 12/31/2025|
|Chris DuBose||District 3||Term: 01/03/2023 - 12/31/2025|
|Charles Yeager||District 4||Term: 01/04/2022 - 12/31/2024|
|Eric Leivian||District 5||Term: 01/03/2023 - 12/31/2025|
|John Sutcliffe||At Large||Term: 01/08/2022 - 12/31/2024|
|Jolene Wille||At Large||Term: 01/04/2022 - 12/31/2024|
- Planning & Zoning Application (PDF) - Conditional Use Permit (CUP), Interim Use Permit (IUP), Preliminary Plat, Rezoning, and Ordinance Amendment. NOTE: REQUESTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED THROUGH THE MAIL OR IN PERSON WITHOUT A COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM, PAYMENT, AND REQUIRED SUBMITTALS.
- Application for Administrative Approval or Action (PDF) - Minor Subdivision, Lot Reconfiguration, Zoning or Floodplain Verification Letter, and Other Administrative Permits or Approvals. NOTE: REQUESTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED THROUGH THE MAIL OR IN PERSON WITHOUT A COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM, PAYMENT, AND REQUIRED SUBMITTALS.
- Conditional Use Permit Application Guide and Checklist (PDF)
- Interim Use Permit Application Guide and Checklist (PDF)
For questions regarding Conditional or Interim Uses, Rezonings, Ordinance Amendments, or Administrative Permits, contact the Land Services Coordinator at 651-213-8370.
- Filing Deadline: 1st of the month (meeting will be held the first Thursday of the following month).
- Meetings Required: Staff Review Meeting, Township meeting, Planning Commission meeting
- We will assign your meeting dates at the time of your application
- Fees: See Department Fee Schedule (PDF)