The Library Board, officially the East Central Regional Library Board of Trustees, meetings are held:
- 10:00 a.m.
- 2nd Monday of each month
- Cambridge Library
244 S. Birch Street
Cambridge, MN 55008
|Jackie McMahon-Ricketson||Term: 01/03/2023 to 12/31/2025|
|Patricia Frank||Term: 01/05/2021 to 01/05/2024|
|Marlys Dunne||County Commissioner|
The Library Board shall be constituted and appointed in the following manner:
- There shall be 18 members, 3 of whom shall be appointed by the Board of County Commissioners of each respective county:
- Mille Lacs
- The term of these members is 3 years and each shall serve until his / her successor is appointed and qualified.
- Terms of members shall be staggered with 1 member appointed each year from each county.
- No appointee shall be eligible to serve more than 3 consecutive 3 year terms.
- Not more than 1 county commissioner from each county shall be a member.
- Members shall be residents of the County Library taxing area of the county making the appointment.
Regional Library Master Agreement
The counties of Aitkin, Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs, and Pine acting through their respective Boards of Commissioners entered into the Regional Library Master Agreement in 1971, revised in 1997. The purpose of that agreement was to establish, strengthen and improve public library services in said Counties by maintaining a regional public library system to be known as East Central Regional Library, and combining its operations with such existing public libraries in the said counties as may wish to join.
The Joint Library Board
For the purpose of governing the joint library services there shall continue in existence a library board, to be known as the East Central Regional Library Board of Trustees, to govern the library services as a single library system.
The Joint Library Board shall have all powers and duties provided for county library boards as specified in Minnesota Statutes, Section 134.09, 134.10, 134.11 and 134.12 and as 1 board shall administer the library service as a single library system.