Chisago County is seeking interested citizens for appointment to the following Boards & Commissions:
- Citizen Review Panel Page (on-going vacancy)
- Extension Committee - At Large
Complete details on all Boards & Commissions vacancies is detailed below.
- Board of Adjustment & Appeals
- Citizen Review Panel (on-going)
- Comfort Lake / Forest Lake Watershed District
- Extension Committee (U of MN)
- Lake Improvement District (LID)
- Lower St. Croix River Watershed
- Library Board
- Park Board
- Planning Commission
- Water Plan Policy Team
Citizen Review Panel (on-going)
The Chisago County Board of Commissioners seeks one (1) applicant for appointment to a vacancy on the Chisago County Extension Committee. The position is an At-Large appointment. The Extension Committee has three major areas of responsibility, as defined by the state statue.
- Program development and evaluation. The committee develops an annual program of work in cooperation with the U of MN Extension Service. Assist in identifying county needs and matching or empowering county or regional staff in meeting those needs through education programming.
- Personnel. The committee members often serve on the search and interview committees to recommend suitable, qualified persons for Extension Educator positions to the Extension Dean and Director of Extension. By state statute, Extension Educators are U of MN employees. The committee also provides yearly input to the Extension Director or supervisor regarding Extension Educator performance in development and delivery of the identified programs.
- Budget development. The committee, working with Extension, prepares an annual budget of funds needed for the maintenance, support, and expenses of the county's Extension work and submits it to the County Board for approval.
Appointments are for a three year term. The meetings for 2022 will be held at 7:00 p.m. on February 10th, May 12th, August 11th and November 10th at the Extension Office in North Branch located at: 38814 3rd Avenue, North Branch, MN 55056.
Interested citizens must submit an Application for Appointment Form to the Chisago County Clerk of Board, 313 North Main Street, Room 175, Center City, MN 55012. The paper form is available by calling County Administration at 651-213-8830 or use our Application for Appointment Form - ONLINE Version to complete and submit directly.
Information about the position is available by calling 651-213-8877 or by checking out the Extension Committee Page on our website.
The Board requests that Applications be Appointment be received as soon as possible. Applications for Appointment may also be faxed to 651-213-8876.
Lake Improvement District (LID)
There are no vacancies at this time.
Lower St. Croix River Comprehensive Watershed Management Plan - Policy Committee (1W1P)
There are no openings at this time.