Can you help me with street naming and house numbering?
The GIS Department is responsible for naming new streets and assigning addresses. If the new street is part of a plat, please contact the GIS Department at 651-213-8213 before the plat is finalized, to aid in naming said streets.

House numbers are assigned when the building permit has been applied for. Please contact our Environmental Services Department for further information on applying for Building Permits.

Back in 1999, Chisago County went through a process of upgrading their 911 system. During this process, the county reviewed its current street addressing scheme. It was determined that in order to make Chisago County's 911 system work as accurately and efficiently as possible, that a county-wide "re-addressing" project was in order. Due to this project, streets and house numbers are assigned based on a grid-system. You can see the generalized grid on the County Highway Map.

Show All Answers

1. Can you give me the coordinates for my property corners?
2. Can you help me with street naming and house numbering?
3. Does the county have section breakdown information and corner ties?
4. Do you have a copy of a survey of my property?
5. Do you have topographic maps?
6. How do I report a general road issue?
7. How do I report a mailbox damaged by snowplow?
8. How do I report a pothole on a County Road?
9. How do I report a road construction project question or concern?
10. How do I report a road sign, street light or traffic signal question or concern?
11. How do I report dead deer on a County Road?
12. How much does a survey cost?
13. When do I need an access permit?
14. Where can I find a bench mark?