How do I obtain a Short-Term Rental License?

A Short-Term Rental Housing License Application (PDF) can be found on our website, obtained in person or mailed to you. Detailed requirements are outlined on the License Application and must be submitted and approved, prior to the rental of the property. Once the License Application, along with the required supplemental information and payment of fee are received, Chisago County will determine completeness of the application, and issue or deny the license. Licenses are required annually and include a license fee of $300.

Show All Answers

1. What is a Short-Term Rental Unit?
2. How are Short-Term Rentals regulated in Chisago County?
3. How do I obtain a Short-Term Rental License?
4. How many people can visit and occupy a Short-Term Rental?
5. What are the general license requirements of a Short-Term Rental in Chisago County?
6. What's the penalty for operating an unlicensed Short-Term Rental property or violating the County Short-Term Rental Licensing Ordinance or license provisions?
7. How is the County managing and monitoring compliance with the new Short-Term Rental Licensing Ordinance?
8. What are the quiet hours and parking requirements for a Short-Term Rental?
9. How do I report a complaint about a Short-Term Rental property or report an unlicensed Short-Term Rental property?
10. Can I resolve a short-term rental related issue online?
11. How will the Short-Term Rental Licensing Ordinance be enforced?