How can I request restitution?
You must complete an Affidavit of Restitution form. Here you will provide a list of your losses, the dollar value of repair or replacement, and receipts or reasons justifying the amounts. The form should be filed as soon as possible. Examples of losses covered by restitution include, but are not limited to:
  • Lost wages
  • Medical bills not covered by insurance
  • Repair or replacement of stolen or damaged property
  • Transportation

Copies of bills, receipts, insurance claim forms and estimates should be attached to the Affidavit of Restitution form. The form must also be stamped, notarized and include the defendant's name and court file numbers. If you need help or assistance completing the Affidavit of Restitution form, please contact the Chisago County Victim Witness Assistance Program:
  • 313 N. Main St.
    Room 373
    Center City, MN 55012
    Ph: 651-213-8400

Show All Answers

1. Who do I contact if I have been a victim of a crime?
2. Where's the Victim Witness Assistance Program Located?
3. What should I expect in a criminal proceeding?
4. What is Restitution?
5. How can I request restitution?
6. What is Reparation?
7. What is the difference between Restitution and Reparation?